This multidisciplinary Master’s programme provides an overview that is comprehensive of sciences and humanities in Latin America. The programme’s graduates established jobs in research, journalism, teaching, and policy formula and execution both in national federal federal federal government agencies and NGOs.
Due to , there could have been updates for this programme for the 2020 year that is academic. Where there’s been an upgrade, they are indicated having a red alert and a hyperlink that will offer more information.
Modes and length
Tuition costs (2020/21)
Note on charges: The tuition costs shown are when it comes to year indicated above. Charges for subsequent years may increase or otherwise differ. More info on charge status, cost increases together with charge schedule can be looked at in the UCL Students site.
Generally an upper second-class Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate control from the British college or an international certification of an standard that is equivalent. a fundamental reading competence in Spanish or Portuguese is desirable. Pupils without such abilities might be considered but they are encouraged to attempt a split language program just before or through the programme.
English language demands
If for example the training is not carried out into the English language, you are likely to show proof of a sufficient degree of english proficiency.
The English language degree because of this programme is: Good
More info is found on our English language needs web page.
Country-specific information, including information on whenever UCL representatives are visiting your an element of the globe, are available through the International Students web site.
International candidates are able to find out of the comparable certification for their nation by picking through the list below.
Choose your nation:
Concerning this level
Based on their selected regions of specialisation, pupils will build up flirthookup analytical and critical perspectives on multidisciplinary areas of Latin American history, politics and worldwide relations, anthropology, geography and ecological problems, and economics, in addition to cultural studies. They will certainly gain key research abilities, as well as in-depth familiarity with present debates in neuro-scientific Latin American Studies.
Pupils undertake modules into the worth of 180 credits.
The programme is made of one core module (15 credits), five optional modules (75 credits), while the research dissertation (90 credits).
Take note: All optional modules are susceptible to access.
Upon successful conclusion of 180 credits, you will be granted a MA in Latin American Studies.
Please be aware that the menu of modules offered listed here is indicative. These details is posted a few years in|time that is long advance of enrolment and module content and supply is subject to alter.
- Researching the Americas
Pupils choose five choice modules from that features
- Confronting the Colossus: US Anti-imperialism, 1945-present
- Democratization in Latin America
- Records of Exclusion: Race and Ethnicity in Latin America
- Globalisation and Latin American Development
- The International Politics of Latin America
- Latin American Economics
- State and Community in Latin America: Ethnographic Views
- The Caribbean through the Haitian Revolution towards the Cuban Revolution
- Cash and Politics in Latin America
- The Politics of Human Rights in Latin America: Transitional Justice
- Politics, community and developing when you look at the contemporary Caribbean
- The Latin American City: Personal Issues and Personal Improvement In Urban Area
- Sustainable developing in Latin America as well as the Caribbean
- The Politics of Human Rights in Latin America: Challenges to Democratisation
- The Generating of Contemporary Latin America: History, Politics and Society
- Challenges to Developing in Brazil
- Gender, Politics, and Public Policy in Latin America
Students may choose at the most 30 credits off their divisions or off their University of London colleges, susceptible to the Programme Director’s approval.
All students compose a dissertation of 15,000 terms on an investigation subject option for this topic section of certainly one of their taught modules.
a number of our MasterвЂ™s students undertake fieldwork so that you can perform research with their dissertation tasks.